Now that the summer vacation is coming up, I am sure most of you would be on a look-out for day trips in and around Chennai with your kids. With this post, I am giving details about a fun park “MGM Dizzee World” in East Cost Road in Chennai.
About MGM Dizzee World: MGM Dizzee World is a theme park located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It is located in East Coast Road. It’s an apt location for a fun filled day with your family.
Best time to visit: I would suggest the best time to visit MGM is in the winter season, in between November to February, when the sun is not too harsh, this would help you to avoid harsh sunlight during the day as you would be predominantly taking the fun rides all through out the day.
How to reach the place:
Nearest Bus stop: MGM Dizzee world. All the buses on the way to Kovalam and Mahabalipuram tend to stop at MGM.
Nearest Railway Station: Velachery which is 22kms from MGM. You need to take a bus from Velachery to MGM Dizee world.
Entry Fee is in two categories, Adult and Kids, which is as below:
Includes all rides & water park
JUMBO PACKAGE – ADULT Rs. 699 ( inclusive of taxes)
JUMBO PACKAGE – CHILD Rs. 549 ( inclusive of taxes)
There are other attractions inside the theme park which are not included in the above price, like Devil’s house, Virtual Realty Theatre.
All kids below 2.6 ft are granted a free entry while kids in between 2.6 ft to 4.4 ft are categorized as kids, with a limited access to rides. Anyone above 4.4 ft has access to almost all the rides.
- Monday to Friday: 10:30 A.M. – 6:30 P.M.
- Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 10:30 A.M. – 7:30 P.M.
The rides are categorized as Kids, Adults, Family and Water sports. All the rides are categorized basing on the height of the kid.
If you are going as a family, I suggest you go to the kids rides first as there are a quite a few rides which the kids would enjoy and then proceed to the adult rides. Some glimpses:
The best part of the whole experience was Water Sports. A replica of Koutralam waterfalls called Mini Koutralam, water slides were the best. Though the water was not super clean, the water sports were safe as the height of the water was less and felt safe for non swimmers like us.
There is a special show called “Alai Osai”, in which artificial waves are created for an hour. We had a great time flowing with the waves.
There are special changing rooms for men and women near the water park and if you forget to carry your swim costume, you can also buy one inside the park.
Some points to note:
- Lockers are available on chargeable basis to safe guard your belongings.
- Outside food is not allowed, there are couple of restaurants where decent food is available.
- Do not forget to carry your coolers, apply sunscreens as you are going to be in the hot sun all through out the day.
- Please carry a spare dress, towel and slip-ons. After your water-sports, you might want to change your dress in the changing rooms provided.
- There are tea joints, chat counters all over the park.
- All the rides are categorized based on the height of the kids.
- There is ample car parking just closer to the park.
- There is an open air disco in the evenings and it is an enjoyable experience dancing to the tunes with a huge crowd.
We had a fun filled day when we visited MGM during last holiday season. Hope you have some fun time too.
Do let me know if you want any specific information in comments and I can help you 🙂