It is always fun to write motherhood articles and it feels awesome to go back to the baby memories of my darling son during his “feeding-cleaning-sleeping-diaper change” mode and cherish them. So, when blogadda and pampers gave me an opportunity to relish the memories, how could I give it a miss? Coming straight to the point, we need to blog about 5 things that can keep the baby skin soft.
As a baby, my son had very sensitive skin and was allergic to everything possible. He had rashes all over his body soon after after he was born. The euphoria and the chaos when a new baby is born is universally the same and this is not something different at my home. Some of the family members related it to the food I eat, some to the food I ate, some to the genetics and some to the weather.
For whatever reasons, the first few months, he was severely allergic and had very sensitive skin and was close to developing eczema. This made me more conscious of the choices and I had to do superlative comparison before using a product on him. In some situations research helped, but in most situations, advice from elders helped.
Some of the things I religiously followed to keep his skin happy alias soft:
- Oil massage: Babies love massages. We gave him a oil massage every day with virgin coconut oil as I was not too sure of the baby oils from the brands found in the market. The coconut oil was procured directly from the manufacturers and I still use the same for him. After the oil massage and hot water bath, my baby had a blissful sleep for quite some time and enjoyed his dreams by showering his occasional smiles. I still remember those days, when I patiently sat beside him to see him smile in his sleep which invariably brought a smile onto my face.
- Bath Powder: I have always been an advocate of natural products and a big “No-No” for any kind of chemical products. So, I used to plain powder made of green gram to bath my son. Trust me, it’s an excellent cleanser and it gives amazing results not only for the baby’s skin but also for the mommy’s skin as well.Yeah, I surely did get some compliments for the new mother-glow and the secret is this.
- Baby wrap: My mother always advised me, since the baby is used to the warmth of the womb, we must ensure that the baby is properly wrapped, protected till it gets used to the outside world. I used very soft clothes,old cotton dhoties as body wraps for my baby and the kind of satisfaction you get when you hold the baby tightly wrapped close to you is beyond explanation in few words.
- Exposure to dust and sun: My baby was exposed to the sun every day in the morning to get the Vitamin D for one week after the birth. This was to avoid any dip in the bilirubin levels. As he grew, we planned the outdoor activities such that the harsh sun or the dust does not disturb his sensitive skin.This way the moisture in his skin was maintained and the softness in the skin did not disappear quickly.
- Diapers: Diapers play a very important role in raising a baby till the baby is toilet trained. It is a blessing in disguise for the mother and the baby. Choosing the right kind of diapers is usually like cracking a tough puzzle for any mother and I am happy I chose “Pampers”.“Pampers brings you the softest ever Pampers Premium Care Pants. Its cotton-like softness is #SoftestForBabySkin and allows it to breathe, thus keeping baby’s skin soft and healthy, and your baby happy.
Some unique features I found:
- Pampers always has the right size / fit while other brands did not have size “0” in diapers
- The pant model made it easier to wear and discard
- The magic gel is really magical and locks away the wetness and gives dryness for overnight happy sleep for the baby
- The leg cuffs and the waist band made it comfortable to wear as he grew
“Pampers” is an American brand of baby and toddler products marketed by Procter & Gamble. Pampers offers five different kinds of diapers in nine sizes, four kinds of toilet training pants, swim pants and four kinds of diaper wipes (Sensitive, Natural Clean, Baby Fresh Wipes, and Kandoo Flushable Toilet Wipes).For the past 50 years, pampers proved to be the unanimous leaders in diapers and they continue to prove themselves.
Information courtesy: Wiki. More about pampers here
#This post is for a contest from blogadda