So, as my life had been terribly busy with myriad things happening, this space got a sluggard treatment. Realizing this and being better late than never, I decided to take up a trigger to push myself to write on a regular basis if not daily. After all, nothing except cuddling my little son gives me as much love as this space.
So, today’s prompt on Daily prompt is “Summer”. And I read it as “Summer Vacation” and not as “Summer season”.
Summer vacation revives those sweet memories of my childhood days.
- That was the time, when we cousins visited each others houses to play, eat, cry and do nasty things together.
- We always gossiped about the ghosts, stars, played devil games, enjoyed hide and seek in the dark rooms, made Maggie noodles in the midnight and had loads of fun.
- It was the time when we all friends in the neighborhood had no worries about home works, class assignments. We packed our lock, stock and barrel to the playground nearby and competed in cricket, shuttle, running in the hot sun.
- Summer afternoons were supposed to be spent at home to avoid the scorching heat and it invariably turned to be ours. We had a gang of friends who were those naughty chipmunks and who loved to experiment making lemonades only in the neighbor’s houses.
- This was the season of the year when the power cuts were a part of our day and we enjoyed those times by singing songs, dancing to the latest numbers.
- Those were the days when we did not own a bicycle and we used to rent it out. An hour of the bicycle costed Rs.5/- and my parents were generous enough to approve it all throughout the summer vacation.
As I write all these,it makes me feel that childhood days are wonderful memories in one’s life and cherished forever. Today, as a mother I am trying my best attempt to make it memorable for my son too.
This summer, we visited Coorg for a 2-day trip. We enjoyed an elephant ride, a toy train ride. We visited Hyderabad for a couple of days and had fun eating mangoes, ice creams, making new friends. And we visited the Golden temple at Vellore and were astonished by the massive construction and spent some leisure time on the couches at home and lazied around.
Hope you had a blast too!!
So, what did you do this summer?
Linking this to Daily prompt “Summer”