Ever since I saw this Telugu movie Nannaku prematho, the title song has been haunting me. It is a very lovable song with and in-depth meaning of love or perhaps an emotion between a father and a son.
As I heard this song innumerable number of times, it reminded me of the marvelous relationship I shared with my dad. My father was, is and will be my superhero. He is no more with us physically but I continue to feel his aura all around me.
Today, this song fondly made me recollect those sweet memories of :
- My first drive on the bus, when he patiently taught me to take a ticket, guided me the bus stop and showed me the way to reach home.
- My first experience of the two wheeler, when he sat behind me, holding my hands and boosting my confidence to drive on a heavy traffic road.
- His appreciations to the first dish I made, though it must have been the most awful one he ever had.
- His encouragement when I sobbed myself to sleep after scoring good but expected to have scored more.
- His confidence in me when I was late from work, when I handled tasks independently, when I was moved to a different city for work.
- His “never say no” attitude to accompany me to all the movies which I watched and he preferred to sleep (read snore) in the theater after a tiring day at work.
- The secret mission between us to grab some extra pocket money without my mother’s consent to buy a new nail polish that month.
- The cheat morning walks, when we relaxed under a tree half way through and boasted to the family that we did a sprint session.
- The way I never checked the petrol in my vehicle or cash in my purse because he always ensured that I was equipped and if not, he was my 24/7 helpline number.
- Above all, the way I was treated like the princess of the family, with the “your wish is my command” environment at home.
And if I continue writing, I would keep writing forever !!! I owe all the traits I carry today to the way he raised me. He was a person with an infectious smile on his face and unconditional love in his demeanor. His simplicity, humility, sense of humor are some dispositions that deserve a mention.
Just if you are curious about the song I referred to , you can check the English translation of the lyrics here
Image source: Google