I can write a zillion reasons for defining happiness. For me, it can be as simple as seeing the glorious expression on my son’s face when he properly colors a picture, baking a simple cake, smelling a fresh flower.
The definition of happiness differs for each of us. For some, it may be a simple expression, others it may be their true aspiration. I read in many books and also totally concur to the fact that happiness is something that is within us. It is a homemade recipe. As I write this post, I started thinking when was the last time I was truly happy. Today? Yesterday? Last week? Last month? Last year??
I realized that there needs an attempt to bring out the true happiness within us. We need to make a conscious effort to keep ourselves happy say after 10 years? I started thinking deep down and want to jot down the life style changes that I need to make, to be happy after 10 years.
1) Stay fit: I must admit that my latest love is gymming. Very recently, I realized the need for getting fit. I enrolled myself in a gym and started exercising regularly and eating good food. This is a very major life style change I brought in and would like to continue forever. What matters is only 30 minutes of your time. If you are just able to start your day as less as 30 minutes earlier than what you do now, you will see the mystical effects it would leave on your life.
2) Have a hobby: Hobby time is “Me Time”, personally for me it is the golden time and I am sure most of you agree with it. For most of us, day starts usually with running on our invisible wheels the minute we pop up out of the bed. Most often, we never bother to give time for ourselves. Though I have always been fond of music, writing, I have never pursued it as a serious hobby as I did not realise the importance of having a hobby. Off Late, I have developed some hobbies which gives me my most deserved “Me time”, eases the stress out and makes me feel special about myself. One such important hobby of mine is blogging.
3) No Gadget day : I need to awfully confess that after I purchased my new smart phone, I am addicted to it. Very recently, I came across a funny line which says “Whatsapp and diapers have a great similarity. We check both of them every 5 minutes even if nothing is there!!” I could totally connect to this. Luckily, I passed the diaper stage with my son, now need to work on passing the whatsapp stage as well. I want to make a “No Gadget Day” in a month. To start with, at least once or twice, I want to orphan the phones, laptops, computers, Television and spend quality time with my family.
4) Be Content : This is a topic in itself, which I have been planning to write quite some time now. The title explains it all, need I say more? Being content in what we have. Make it a practice and slowly it will become your lifestyle.
5) Fake Happiness: I realized that this attempt of being happy after ten years, starts today. We need to fake happiness from today. Say “I am happy” aloud on a daily basis and feel the cascading effects. I am going to start it from now.
Do you have any plans? What do you want to do now to be happy after ten years?